Our Colosseum & Ancient Rome Tour is ideal for those who want to understand the story of Rome through its most ancient monuments. Enjoy Skip-the-Line access through the arches of the Colosseum and to the ruins of the Roman Forum with our expert historian guide, you will leave the Eternal City having grasped how the Romans ruled the known world.
- Experience our most popular tour of the Colosseum, with over 4k reviews, and save time with Skip-the-Line access to all three sites: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill.
- In small groups of just 20, hear the stories and insights that bring ancient Rome to life from your expert, local historian guide. Dedicated audio headsets are provided, so you don’t miss a word while soaking up the epic view.
- There has never been a better time to visit Rome and these incredible sites – with fewer crowds and enhanced safety measures, now is the ideal time to book and make some once-in-a-lifetime memories.
Your Rome Colosseum Tour Starts Here
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 20 people or less*
- Skip-the-Line at the Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- All entrance tickets & reservation fees
- Dedicated audio headsets so you don’t miss a thing
- Roman Forum & the “Via Sacra”
- Palatine Hill with views overlooking the Forum
Don’t just visit Rome, experience it on our Colosseum Tour! You’ll visit the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill with an expert, English-speaking tour guide to tell you the stories and anecdotes that bring these ruins to life. And with Skip-the-Line Access at all three sites, you won’t waste time waiting in line.
This tour has been adjusted to fit with current safety and security standards – social distancing measures are in place, and there are enhanced checks at the tour venues. There are fewer tourists in Rome than ever, meaning now is the perfect time to plan your trip. These sites are usually busy with visitors, but you can enjoy a much more peaceful experience as you travel back in time to the days of the gladiators!
Skip the Line into the deadly Colosseum
We start our adventure at the symbol of Rome – the Colosseum. One of the world’s most iconic sights, the Colosseum is the first stop for most visitors. Without an idea of the battles and politics that played out here, you’ll only come to understand a small portion of its majesty. Our guides are experts in history and archaeology, so they’re the perfect candidates to lead your Colosseum adventure, telling you just why ‘Gladiator’ had it all wrong and how this incredible amphitheater once hosted re-enactments of sea battles.
Discover the hillside birthplace of Rome
No visit to Ancient Rome would be complete without going a little further back – to the very beginning. In fact, we’ll explore the Palatine Hill, the legendary site where the warring brothers Remus and Romulus fought over land, and where Romulus founded the settlement that would eventually become Rome. In your small group, you’ll be able to listen to these stories with ease and wonder.
Wander through the ruins of the Roman Republic
We’ll also explore the Roman Forum – the heart of the Roman Republic that inspired so many modern democracies. Home to the bustling marketplace, ruled by moneylenders and shopkeepers, this was Rome at its finest. Here politicians held rallies before elections, soldiers marched triumphantly down the Via Sacra, and the Vestal Virgins decided if men lived or died.
Don’t leave Rome without grasping it’s past
In just three hours, we’ll introduce you to the best that Ancient Rome has to offer – from the birth of an Empire in 753 BC to the clash of titans at the Colosseum during Rome’s stint as the ancient world’s superpower. Your Colosseum tour guide will rebuild Rome from the ground up, filling it with stories of Caesar and Nero so you will leave not just having seen Rome, but having experienced it.
Check out our full list of Colosseum tours.